Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spring Has Sprung: 2012

Unusually warm temperatures this weekend meant there was lots of activity in the BHYC boatyard.  The "Bros" with Steve and Doug's help got all the docks in place on Saturday.  Jude and I opened the cottage, which has to the earliest we ever opened it.

Sunday was another beautiful day and perfect for sanding the bottom.  We used a water based bottom paint last season which didn't seem to work as well as I had hoped.  Sanding bottom paint is not my favorite job.  I wore a mask but ended up with water based flecks in my eyes which caused some real pain.  It was nice to get it done.

Reinstalled the batteries and took the final measurements for a waste holding tank.  Seems like the only option is to install the tank behind the head.  I ordered a Sealand vertical tank which should be here in a couple of weeks.  In the meantime, I have lots to keep me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment