Thursday, May 13, 2010

Moving Day - ACE's Are Wild

May13, 2010 - Moving Day for Exploits.

The boys at Armdale were fantastic.  Hauled the boat by 9:00 am and pressure washed it clean for the move.  Sadly, while I was on the phone with my boss (having a stimulating chat about "soil amendments" - don't ask), the guys from ACE Towing put a couple of nasty scratches on our boat.  Unfortunately I didn't notice it until they were long gone with a lot of my money.

Bobby from Sealand was fantastic.  He arrived early, secured the boat like a real pro and arrived within 5 minutes of when he said he was going to be there.  He put in a full day and I don't begrudge a cent I paid him.  Good guy.

We arrived to a crowd at Barrachois Harhour Yacht Club.  I guess word got out that there was a boat arriving so the local boys turned out to say hello.  Great bunch of guys around the boat yard and more than willing to lend a hand.  Turns out I need many hands because I know very little about sailboats or sailing.  Unfortunately, we didn't get the mast back up.  I ran into a little problem with the radio antenna so I figure it's easier (and cheaper) to fix it now than it is to take the mast back down in a months time.

I love Bobby's motto!

Judy and I sold the dingy tonight which covers a portion of the costs to move Exploits.  However, we're happy to be on the north shore and really looking forward to getting Exploits back in the water by the end of the month.

Rolling into our home port, the Barrachois Harbour Yacht Club on the Northumberland Strait, Nova Scotia.

No comments:

Post a Comment